City of Leeds Swimming Club is the premier swimming club in Yorkshire, with swimmers competing at national and international level. Having recently moved from our long-time home of over 40 years, to a newly-built world class facility at the John Charles Centre for Sport (JCCS), the club is an inspiring and energizing place to be.
We are the competition outlet for the Leeds City Council’s Swim Training Scheme, who have a squad to suit everyone. And through the guidance and mentoring of our experienced ASA-qualified coaches, swimmers are encouraged to attain their full potential, and aspire to be the best that they can be.
Our rich history, including being home to the 1988 Seoul Olympic gold medallist Adrian Moorhouse, makes us one of the most successful clubs in Great Britain. Nevertheless our focus is solely on the future, and it is through our members’ commitment and endeavour that we can go on to achieve yet more victories.
Situated in the Denison Suite is an information desk, where you can put any questions you may have to a club officer, who will be happy to help you.
- 17 Olympians winning 1 gold and 1 bronze medal
- Over 100 major games representations
- 7 World, 7 Commonwealth and 8 European records held
- European men’s club champions
- Over 100 senior and junior internationals
- National Age Group Championships top team on 11 occasions
- Great Britain Club Team Championship winners on 15 occasions
- National Speedo League winners on 18 occasions
|Masters 30-34yrs 200m butterfly||LC||2:12.15||1992|
|4 x 200m freestyle relay||SC||7:49.11||2000|
- George Lester Trophy (Yorkshire Age Groups)
- 1965-6, 1968-9, 1972-99, 2000-2007
- Yorkshire Bank Trophy (Yorkshire Senior)
- 1974-99, 2000-2004
- National Swim League Champions
- 1980-84, 1988, 1990-99, 2000, 2001, 2003, 2004
- National Age Group Boy’s Champions
- 1980, 1992, 1995-96, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2004, 2007
- National Age Group Girl’s Champions
- 1981-82, 1993-97, 1999, 2000, 2001
- National Age Groups and Youth Champions
- Henry Benjamin Trophy (Top Men’s Team)
- 1981, 1985, 1986, 1989-97
- Harold Fern Trophy
- National Club Team Champions
- 1983-91, 1994-99
- EEC Club Team Champions (Men)
- British Swimming Performance Ranking (2002)
- British Swimming Performance Ranking (2003)